- 1. Investment Advisor Representative/Financial Planner-MLSJune 2009-January 2014 Central/Southern Maine: Wealth Management, Financial Planning, Insurance Planning
- 2. Registered Representative- New England Wealth Advisors November 2007-June 2009, York, Maine: Pension management, 401k Management, 403b Management, Employee Education and Participation Specialist. Implementation specialist of ERISA 403b plans for municipalities, pursuant to the mandates of the Pension Protection Act of 2006.
- 3. Insurance Broker-Independent Financial Services November 2005-October 2007 York, Maine: Marketed fixed insurance products to individuals in Maine and New Hampshire.
- 4. Registered Representative/Insurance Producer-Conesco Financial Services August 1993-August 2005 South Portland, Maine: Marketed Medicare Supplement Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Fixed and Variable Annuities, and Mutual Funds.
My Business Philosophy
My goal is to provide families and business owners with assistance in building their financial freedom. I have the knowledge and experience required to help meet my clients’ established goals. My personal goal is to become a lifetime resource for each and every client whether they are just starting to prepare or are currently in retirement. I have worked in Continue ReadingGary Smith
- Registered Securities Principal
- Registered Representative and Investment Advisor
- Registered to offer securities in AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, ME, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA.
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC Designation)
- AIF Designation (Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- AHIP Certified for Medicare Part C & D Plans
- Licensed to sell Life & Health Insurance in ME and MA.
- Associate Real Estate Broker Licenses in NH (Licences currently on Inactive Status)
We are driven by our company philosophy.
My financial planning process is fairly simple. We begin by discussing your financial goals and personal objectives. We look at how the financial planning process fits into your situation and review high level strategies. We discuss the cost of the service most appropriate to you, and if it makes sense for us to work together. From there, we will meet to review specific strategies and plans determining a path that you are most comfortable with. We begin to discuss implementation steps such as saving plans, insurance, investment and asset management. In our third meeting we will review the plan that you selected and take action steps to implement the plan which will help you pursue your financial goals. Of course life situations change and it is critical to review and update your plan to make sure that it stays on course. We will meet periodically to monitor the adjustments needed so that your financial plan continues to meet your goals and objectives. Please keep in mind that my door is always open. You always have the opportunity for further meetings, phone calls or emails, which is part of the service that I provide.
a few words about Gary
As a financial planner, Gary is dedicated to serving the investment and financial needs of his clients by offering an unbiased financial planning approach using a wide variety of products and services. His goal is to build long-lasting relationships formed around trust and honest communication.
Gary helps clients work toward their financial objectives by becoming their personal Chief Financial Officer and presenting clients with options and strategies to help accomplish what is important to them.
As the owner of WealthSmith Financial Planning, Gary has over 25 years experience in Retirement Planning, Wealth Management, Advanced Estate Planning, Tax Management, Education Planning, Qualified Plans, Long Term Care Insurance, and Medicare Planning. Gary holds the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 General Securities registration through Cantella & Co., Inc, and Series 63 and 65 registrations through Cantella & Co., Inc., Registered Investment Advisor.
As a CFP®, ChFC®, and AIF® Gary holds three of the most prestigious designations in the world of financial planning, asset management, and Fiduciary Duties, and is dedicated to being an ongoing student of the Financial Planning, and Investment Services industries. He received a BS in Finance, Cum Laude, from Bentley University in 1991.
Gary has served the community as a volunteer for many different non-profit organizations, including but not limited to: The Rotary Club, The Exchange Club, The YMCA, Fairtide of Kittery, Me, The Lake Auburn ½ Marathon.
Gary lives in Saco, ME with his wife, Dr. Christine Blake Smith and their 5 children. Gary is an avid hiker, enjoys golf, enjoys fitness and a healthy lifestyle.